The EE-8 Field Telephone was used by the Signal Corps from before World War II through the Vietnam War. It was housed in leather, then canvas, and its last production had a nylon case and straps, after the changeover to that material in 1967.
The EE-8 Field Telephone was standardized in 1932 and procurement began in 1937, providing a lighter and more functional unit just in time for the huge mobilization of the U.S. military for WW II. Among other improvements, the EE-8 increased the maximum transmission range of the predecessor EE-5 Field Telephone by six miles or more.
Recently acquired TASU Co. 1942 Canteen with early Bakelite Cap.
(The Aluminum Cooking Utensil Company)
Aluminum Cooking Utensil Company
October 24, 1901
Charles M. Hall
Alfred E. Hunt
New Kensington, PA. (1901-1966)
Chillicothe, OH. (1966-1987)
Richmond, VA. (1987-1989)
Aluminum Company of America (1901-1982)
Wesray Corporation (1982-1988)
Nacco Industries, Inc. (1988-1989)
December 26, 1989